ACT Service Society
The ACT Service Society (ACTSS) provides students the opportunity to make curricular connections to co-curricular service experiences. Membership in the ACT Service Society (ACTSS) is determined on a semester-to-semester basis.
ACT Service Society Eligibility:
- Students must complete two written reflections (or multimedia presentations) that articulate a connection between the service experience and current course content. The connection may be made to any course in which the student is currently enrolled.
- Engage in two seperate co-curricular direct service events organized by the ACT Office.
- Participation in service within a given semester between the two events should total at least 12 hours.
- Alternative Service Experiences are welcome; however, at least three of the 12 hours must be dedicated to a second co-curricular project.
Briefly describe the project & community need the project intended to address
Explore personal role in and commitment to civic engagement
Introduce 2-3 major concepts from two separate current semester courses and apply them respectively to the ACT sponsored service events
- Written paper
- Poster Presentation
- Students may choose to complete multimedia presentations in lieu of written reflections to be presented at or in association with the Spring Undergraduate Research and Creativity Symposium. For students presenting a poster at the symposium, guidelines can be found online.
- Artistic Reflection or performance
Service Society Members will receive:
- Membership into the ACT Service Society
- Designated pin to be worn at graduation
- Celebratory lunch at the end of each semester with recognition from University administration
- Indication of membership on resume